Do you have a big family? Has your bathroom started to look like Highway 10 during rush hour? Since it’s resolution season, why not make a resolution that will serve your whole family? Discover five ideas for projects you can undertake this year to make your day-to-day life easier.
1-Install a laundry sink in the basement
- Subtly direct your better half to the basement door at the first sign of stained clothes or soiled hands after dirty work.
- Never again see a paintbrush soaking in the kitchen sink next to a cold cup of coffee.
- Set up a cozy corner to delouse your little one or give your dog a much-needed bath or makeover.
Pro tip: Pick a spot close to your plumbing to make it easier to connect pipes!
Good to know: Laundry sinks usually come in one piece and are easy to fit under a countertop. Simply connect the sink to your plumbing, add the faucet of your choice and enjoy!
2-Installing a second sink in your bathroom
- Enjoy a greater range of motion when using your toothbrush.
- Secure an acquired right to shave with complete peace of mind.
- Never again need to avoid someone’s head when spitting out toothpaste.
Keep in mind: Unless you’re a fan of mix-and-match sinks, you’ll probably want to replace your existing sink to install two identical ones. You may also want to get a brand-new countertop so that you can cut two new openings at the desired locations.
Good to know: Leave a minimum distance of 30 inches between the drains of the two sinks to ensure optimum spacing.
3-Add a second toilet in your home
- Cut down on the risk of being interrupted in the middle of doing your business.
- Have a quiet spot to play Candy Crush.
- Prevent in-house traffic jams on taco night.
Good to know: If no toilet has ever seen the light of day on this floor, plan to install a supply line and a drainpipe. These can then be connected to the drainage system in accordance with your local building code.
4-Install an extra shower
- Practice your vocal warm-ups and pyrotechnics away from prying ears.
- Ensure two people have the luxury of being late for work or school at the same time.
- Be able to bask in a good long bath once again.
Pro tip: Make your life easier by opting for a prefabricated shower base!
5-Replace your water heater with a bigger one.
- Never stub your toe again when trying to hit the shower first in the morning.
- Never have to delay doing a load of laundry again.
- Never again wash dishes in cold water while cursing life’s unfairness.
Good to know: A too-big water heater will drive up your electricity bill unnecessarily. Choose your new water heater wisely based on your real needs.
➢ For two to three users: Choose a 40-gallon water heater for average consumption or a 60-gallon one for high consumption.
➢ For four to five users: Choose a 60-gallon water heater for average consumption or an 80-gallon one for high consumption.
Plombier Expert, your best bet for keeping your resolutions!
Let top experts handle the big jobs! Call on our team of specialists for a job done well and fast in compliance with all applicable standards. Keeping a resolution will never have been easier. Request a free quote today and let us help you plan your project!